2017 Drivers Guide postedMarch 26, 2017 at 15:24
The following email has been sent out to all valid participants as of Sunday 26th March via email:
Dear Neo Race participant, we’re delighted to welcome you to this year’s event – this email sets out to explain and prepare you for one of the longest running most prestigious independent RC races.
Attached is the Drivers Guide (PDF) – this document includes a provisional timetable, rules, tips, drivers briefing and general advice on how things work at The Neo. PLEASE READ IT!
We remind all participants that upon entering and through participation, you are in full acceptance our Terms & Conditions.
We appreciate that many of you may have raced The Neo Race before, however each year there are small changes to the format, we ask that you read it though carefully, familiarise yourself with it before the race well, however it may be subject to change so check www.theneorace.com for the latest copy.
Booking in opens Thursday (13th) afternoon (16:00-18:00) and continues Friday morning (07:00-08:00) followed by a drivers briefing at 8:00 – If possible please book in on Thursday, this will speed up proceedings on Friday, Heat 1 starts 08:30 AM, whilst Saturday, Sunday we start 7:45 AM.
T-shirts will be handed out, one per single entry, they will be available to purchase along with other merchandise as well.
There will be enough pit tables and chairs for all individual entries, please respect the max allocated area (2 drivers per table) and we will all fit comfortably – We recommend you bring a pen and some paper & tape to reserve your table.
after booking in.
– All drivers please bring a pit towel to protect the surface of the pit tables.
– British drivers please bring your valid BRCA license, international drivers, you may be asked for proof of identification.
– International drivers, please remember that the UK uses 3 pin plugs, so if you plan on charging anything, bring an adapter!
– The race meeting will be run to rules based on BRCA RallyCross rules – See the guide.
– A maximum nitro percentage of 25% is allowed.
– Use of any ‘tyre additive’ at this year’s event is strictly forbidden under all circumstances and ‘tyres must be commercially available at the time of the meeting for immediate purchase – See 2017 tyre statement online.
– For the Modeltune sponsored E-buggy class, only Hard case LiPo batteries with a maximum voltage of 14.8V [4S] are allowed.
– All LiPo batteries must be charged in a LiPo Charging pouch / Bag or risk immediate disqualification.
– We advise all drivers travelling with LiPo batteries to take the necessary precautions with regards to air travel. (Some airlines enforce restrictions on travel with LiPo batteries)
Shops: If you want to order fuel or tyres or parts then contact our two official shops on site – who will be stocking plenty of stuff to keep you going!
Location: For Neo first timers, Harper Adams lies just outside the small Shropshire town of Newport, the event is held in the university’s soil hall, follow the signs inside the grounds and you’ll find us!
We recommend that you have a look where we are before you set off!
Harper Adams University
Lastly if you cannot make it to the race, please do contact us, either via email or phone so we can re-allocate your entry in time to someone else.
The track build commences 8th April, if you should need to contact us after that please email and phone/text +44 7931 0370 63